Norwich v Fulham 15:00
– Norwich battled to a 0-0 draw over QPR last weekend, the Canaries often thwarted by the inspired brilliance of Julio Cesar in the Rangers goal. The result moves Norwich further away from the relegation dogfight, but Chris Hughton will still be seeking more ruthlessness in front of goal this weekend.
– According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, last weekend Robert Snodgrass became the first player in the Premier League to deliver 100 crosses, beating Leighton Baines by a single delivery.
– The importance of the midfielder to Chris Hughton’s side cannot be understated at the moment, given his position as the central creative figure in the team. He leads the statistics for this Norwich side on numerous fronts, including completing more passes in the opponent’s half than any of his teammates (538), as well as more dribbles (17) and more assists (4).
– Sebastian Bassong remains crucial to the Norwich cause this season, flourishing after an extended run of first team football. He has made 63 clearances this season, second only to Leighton Baines, according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– The class of Anthony Pilkington moving forward has been on display numerous times this season, but he is proving himself equally adept when it comes to tracking back. His 73% tackle success rate from 26 attempts is the highest in the Norwich squad.
– Fulham fell to a 0-1 defeat at home to Manchester United last weekend, a late winner depriving Martin Jol’s side of what would have been a deserved point. Despite being exposed at times by the league leaders, Fulham had their fair share of chances and will be looking to pounce on any opportunity in front of goal against Norwich.
– Dimitar Berbatov inevitably grabs most of the headlines for Fulham, but his strike partner Bryan Ruiz has been putting in some more than noteworthy performance recently too. He is currently joint seventh on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for assists with 7.
– Sascha Reither has also been rightly garnering the plaudits this season, the unheralded signing adapting quickly to life in the Premier League. The German defender has delivered more crosses than any other member of the Fulham squad with 45 and has the second highest tackle success rate amongst right-backs in the Premier League with 76.6.%.
– The defensive pairing of Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes have been combining for some impressive performance this season. Betwenn the two of them they have amassed an incredible 242 interceptions and 36 blocks.
– Despite only playing minutes this season, Iranian striker Ashkan Dejagah is already proving himself suited to life in the Premier League. He’s either completed a pass in the opponent’s half or dribbled with the ball once every 4.2 minutes according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.