Man city face Aston villa tomorrow in an encounter that is sure to provide lots of goals and entertainment. Already City are third on the league table with 11points, 5 behind Chelsea who top the table with 16 points. So far this season,. City has won 3 matches, drawn 2 and lost one against Stoke city. We will be examining 5 reasons why City will beat Villa in what promises to be a pulsating encounter.
- City will want to come back blazing after the disappointing draw against Roma. The draw sees City’s hope of progressing into the next stage of the champion’s league dim; therefore, they will want to come out guns blazing. Also, they will want to catch up with Chelsea who are top of the league table, with 5 points being the difference between them and Man city who are third on the table.
- Of their last six premier league meeting, City have won five, save for the 3-2 defeat of last season. Also City would want to exact revenge for the last time they faced villa, so expect a thrashing.
- Villa lost their last two matches against Chelsea and Aston Villa and Arsenal. An argument would be that the lineup was depleted as up to six first team squad members were down with the “flu”. Though the players are back, but don’t expect them to be fit 100%. As such, expect them to struggle against City. I mean City is a team that loves to move the ball around a lot and create chances out of nothing. Against Bayern, they created lots of chances and were unlucky not to leave with a draw, against Chelsea, they were a man down, and yet they played as though they were facing an opponent a man short, before dragging an equalizer.
- Jovetic and Fernando are back. Already, Fernando has been impressive for City and in the few matches he has played before being injured, City has won all. Jovetic also started the season on a high, scoring a brace against Liverpool. These two are a vital piece in the jigsaw of City towards retaining the title they won last season. A starting lineup of Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis,Kolarov,Fernando,Fernandinho,Toure,Milner,Silva,Aguero will certainly crush any team they come against, not to mention a bench that has Caballero, Mangala, Sagna ,Clichy ,Lampard ,Dzeko all jostling to make their impact in the match.
- City is picking up form. Despite a slow start to the season, City seem to have regained their impressive form of last season, which saw them play entertaining free flow football and annihilate several teams. Against Sheffield Wednesday, they scared an impressive seven goals in the second half of the match, and despite throwing away the lead against Hull, they rallied back and came back to clinch the 3 points needed. And despite the stumble against Roma, they are still good on paper to take the 3 point available in this game.