After reportedly agreeing deal with Internacional, Chelsea are about to announce the signing of Chilean midfielder, Charles Aranguiz.
Aranguiz made significant impact during the last Copa America, which was hosted and won by Chile, attracted interest from a host of clubs, including Arsenal prior to agreeing to move to the Stanford Bridge this summer.
Here are five things you need to know about the player:
- He will be the first Chilean to don the colours of the Blues, which might open the doors for other players to move to the club. Since the inception of the club, no player from that part of the country has been able to play for the first team.
- He was a former teammate of Arsenal player, Alexis Sanchez. In his early days, he teamed up with the Arsenal man at Cobreloa in the Chilean Premier Division in 2006.
- Aranguiz is a box to box midfielder, with a very high work rate. His high work rate is perhaps, one of his greatest assets; and no wonder a manager like Jose Mourinho wants him in his team. The highly influential midfielder may not have scored a lot of goals for his country and club so far, but his ability to box the midfield will be a key asset for the Blues.
- The player’s ability to play in an array of positions in the midfield, makes him one of the most sort-after players at the moment; and Chelsea are right in their pursuit of his signature.
- Aranguiz’s ability to pick out passes, and break up his opponent’s play will also come in handy for Mourinho, who is known for his high technical abilities.