Chelsea To ANNOUNCE Signing Of John Stones As Everton Gets Replacement

Chelsea might be getting John Stones after all! It appears as though Everton are resigned to losing their highly-rated defender and have moved quickly to sign a replacement before the end of the transfer window.

The Express is reporting that the Toffees are on the brink of completing a deal to bring in defender Ramiro Funes Mori, as well as forward Leandro Rodriguez, and it is understood the deals for these duo could be announced as soon as today.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez said a deal was nearly over the line for River Plate defender Ramiro.

“Ramiro was in the building yesterday [Thursday], we hope that we are going to complete the deal sometime today,” said the Spanish boss.

“International clearance could take a few days. We’re very excited about having him.”

The Goodison Park outfit brought in Mason Holgate earlier from Barnsley – the same place from which Stones was fished out – but it is believed Ramiro will be a better replacement for the Chelsea-bound England international than the 18-year old Holgate.

It appears Everton already know they will accept Chelsea’s final offer of £40m and the Merseysiders are trying to avoid any last minute rush in finding a replacement for Stones. Therefore, they have acted wisely to sign a replacement as soon as possible.

Stones has handed in a transfer request at Everton in order to force through a move to Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea, but the Toffees are adamant that the centre-back will not be sold and have rejected three bids so far from the Blues. Stones has established himself as the most sought-after defender in the Premier League after becoming a regular at the heart of the Everton defence. The 21-year old joined the Toffees for £3m in 2013 under David Moyes before the Scottish boss left for Manchester United.

Mourinho sees Stones as John Terry’s long-term replacement and the former Porto, Real Madrid and Inter boss has publicly been on the pursuit of Stones – who will become the most expensive defender in the Premier League, should Everton accept a £40m offer before the transfer window is slammed shut on Tuesday. He will also become England’s second costliest player after Raheem Sterling who joined Manchester City from Liverpool earlier on in the summer.