Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed he will make a second bid for Everton defender John Stones and the bid is expected to be in the region of 26 milion Pounds, as reported by the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail had earlier reported that the Blues had a 20 million Pounds offer rejected by Everton on Friday with the Toffees hoping they will be able to hold on to their most prized assets.
Jose Mourinho remains positive of capturing John Stones from Everton, as he views him as John Terry’s long-term replacement and he wants the 21-year-old to be his big summer signing.
Reports also has it that Stones would like to move to Chelsea to further his career and hopes Everton will consider chelsea’s offer to sell him this summer. Standard Sport revealed yesterday how Chelsea had grown in confidence that Stones is ready to join them, despite the likelihood of him not being a regular in the first team and this putting his England place at risk.
Mourinho appears confident that he will get his man and has indicated that a second bid is on the offing. He said, “At the moment they say: “we don’t accept this bid”. They don’t say,” we don’t accept bid; any bids”. While they say, “we don’t accept this bid” until September 1, we can improve the bid.
It Is believed that Chelsea have been left bewild by claims that Everton said Stones is not available for transfer, but they did not state that the 21-year-old was not for sale at any prize. Chelsea will not be put-off from making a second bid for Stones despite running the risk of angering Roberto Martinez the Everton manager.
The 21-year-old formed a solid partnership with Phil Jagielka and kept out experienced Sylvan Distin from the team for large period of the season. John Stones completed 90% of his passes for Everton last season- the highest accuracy at the club and he also won an impressive 67% of his duels for Everton in the league.