Reading v Aston Villa 15:00 – EW
– A late consolation goal from Hal Robson-Kanu wasn’t enough to prevent Reading falling to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Everton in their last outing
– Robson Kanu’s goal was his fourth of the season, coming from an efficient 19 shots at goal, averaging 4.75 shots per goal with 68.4% on target.
– Despite Reading’s position in the relegation zone, they have the 8th best striker in the Premier League for minutes per goal in Adam le Fondre. Le Fondre has averaged 129 minutes 42 seconds per goal this season.
– Evergreen left back Nicky Shorey has also been performing well this season. Only Leighton Baines and Glen Johnson have delivered more crosses from the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index’s full backs than Shorey’s 53.
– At the other end of the pitch, they also have one of the most effective defenders in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index in Adrian Mariappa. Mariappa has made 250 defensive contributions across tackles won, clearances, interceptions and blocks, averaging one every 7 minutes 40 seconds.
– Both clubs are in the relegation zone after Aston Villa fell to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of league champions Manchester City in their last game.
– Aston Villa will miss Fabian Delph against Reading, as the midfielder will serve a two game suspension after picking up his 10th yellow card of the season against Manchester City.
– Ciaran Clark may have made a mistake against City, but his form has been excellent this season. Clark has made 143 interceptions this season, enough to rank 9th overall in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. He has also made the 9th highest number of clearances, with 45, and the third highest number of blocks with 30.
– Bradley Guzan made ten saves in the game against Manchester City to be the busiest goalkeeper in the Premier League’s last round of matches. That takes his total for the season to 172 saves, 16 more than any of his rival goalkeepers.
– While Reading have one of the best minutes per goal strikers in the league, Villa have one of the most accurate shooters. Christian Benteke has hit 70.8% of his 79 shots on target this season, the best rating of any player who’s had more than 50 shots this season.
– The game will also see two of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index’s top tackles go head to head. Matt Lowton of Aston Villa has won 70 tackles this season, the second highest in the league, while Reading’s Mikele Leigertwood has won the fourth highest with 66. Villa’s Brett Holman has also won the second highest number of tackles among the strikers in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index with 29.
Sunday 10th March