West Brom v Tottenham, Sunday 13:30
– A Shane Long goal was not enough to prevent West Brom sliding to a 2-1 defeat on Wednesday.
– Jonas Olsson continues to be Steve Clarke’s defensive rock this season. The big defender has contributed positively in defense 243 times according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, a squad-high.
– Look for Chris Brunt to play a major role in West Brom’s push for European qualification come May. He’s already registered 5 assists and provided 41 crosses this season, the highest ion the Baggies’ squad.
– Striker Shane Long has many virtues but his tackling still requires some improvement. He’s conceded 31 fouls this season, the most of any West Brom player, and has only a 30% success rate from 46 attempted tackles.
– A quite stunning solo effort from Gareth Bale rescued a point for Tottenham as they drew 1-1 with Norwich in midweek.
– Gareth Bale looks to be continuing his surge towards the upper echelons of football, with players and pundits alike begin to speak of his in the same breath of some of the world’s best player. The rampaging Welshman has whipped in 80 crosses this season, as well as having 50 on-target attempts on goal, the highest of any Premier League midfielder.
– Despite being out injured in recent weeks, Moussa Dembele continues to be one of the main players in Andre Villas-Boas’ midfield. No Tottenham player has completed more passes in the opponent’s half this season than Dembele with 456.
– Jermaine Defoe’s ten goals have been the product of both his instincts and his industry to get himself into the necessary positions around the box. He’s had an enormous 89 attempts on goal this season, of which 63% have been on target.