By Far The Greatest Team

The football blog for fans of all clubs

STAT ATTACK: How did Liverpool striker perform for Chelsea this season compared to Torres?

Daniel Sturridge has played 161 minutes of Premier League football for Chelsea this season, having started one game and being brought on as a substitute for six games. He has completed 61 of his attempted 71 passes in the league this season, giving him an accuracy rate of 86% (Torres 70%). He has been successful with 40 of his 47 attempted passes in the final third, giving him an accuracy of 85%.

Sturridge has had 104 touches of the ball this season and was unsuccessful with just 4 of them.

He has scored 1 goals from 9 shots this season, 11%, and has been on target with 5 shots, 56% (Torres 21% and 67%). 7 of his shots were with his left foot and 2 with his right. Sturridge has a clear-cut chance conversion rate of 33% (Torres 27%).

Sturridge has created 2 chances (Torres 20) for his team mates but has 0 assists (Torres 1). He attempted 2 crosses (Torres 25) but neither were successful (Torres 6).

Sturridge’s strengths are his dribbling, long shots and finishing. His biggest weakness is his defensive contribution, along with his ability to hold on to the ball and win aerial duals. He likes to cut inside, play long balls, dribble and keep the ball on the floor.

Scroll to top