Aston Villa v West Brom 16:00
– Aston Villa slumped to a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Southampton last time out, after conceding four goals in the second half. Despite going in ahead thanks to Darren Bent, Paul Lambert’s men were unable to prevent a deluge of goals from the Saints after the break.
– Karim El Ahmadhi has attempted more tackles than any other player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index with 33, although he has won only 13 of those.
– Matthew Lowton on the other hand has been turning in some very impressive performances. He’s won 80% of his 20 challenges this season.
– El Ahmadhi may do better to stay on his feet and read the game rather than dive in, as he has contributed more interceptions than any other midfielder in the league with 21.
– West Brom continued their superb start to the season with a 1- 0 victory over Reading at The Hawthorns. Romelu Lukaku, making his full debut in the Premier League for the Baggies, looked dangerous throughout, seeing two efforts denied before 71st minute shot finally breaching the Reading defence.
–Youssuf Mulumbu covered more ground against Reading than any West Brom player has in a game this season with 6.52 miles, contributing to the season best for West Brom as a team with 62.1 miles.
– Jonas Olsson has been dominating in the box at both ends of the pitch. He has had seven attempts at goal, more than any other defender in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, and 17 defensive clearances, another high in the index.
– Olsson has also contributed more interceptions than any other player with 45, ahead of team mate Gareth McAuley who is in third with 42.