Fulham v QPR 20:00 – EW
– Fulham come into the game on a high after defeating Spurs 1-0 in their last game thanks to Dimitar Berbatov’s 11th goal of the season
– Berbatov’s goals have come at an average of one every 204 minutes and one every 5.27 shots.
– One telling statistic on Berbatov’s intelligent play is that of the players who have scored 10 goals or more this season, only two shoot LESS frequently than Berbatov. Berbatov takes a shot every 65 minutes 46 seconds, showing the experience of 32 year old striker in picking his moments to shoot.
– Indeed the game will see a great focus on both team’s strikers, with Zamora returning to fitness in time to face his former club. Zamora was in good form before suffering injury, averaging 255 minutes 45 seconds per goal, not so frequent as Berbatov but better than Fulham’s other striker Bryan Ruiz.
– Ruiz has only managed three goals in the Premier League this season, averaging 562 minutes per goal despite having an attempt at goal every 76 minutes.
– Impressive Fulham full back Sascha Riether should complete a milestone for the season against QPR in winning his 50th tackle. Riether has won 49 so far, an impressive 76.6% of those attempted
– QPR, meanwhile, will be looking to bounce back after suffering a damaging 3-2 defeat to fellow relegation candidates Aston Villa in their last game. Goals from Jemaine Jenas and Andros Townsend, both scoring in their second successive game, were not enough to avoid defeat.
– Despite the scoreline Clint Hill and Armand Traore put in good performances at the back against Aston Villa. Both made four clearances in the game, the joint highest in the last round of fixtures, and two of four to do so.
– All being well, Stephane Mbia will attempt his 100th tackle of the season against Fulham. Mbia has attempted 99 so far, though he will need to improve the number he comes away from with the ball, as he has won jus 44% so far this season.