West Ham v Reading 16:00
– West Ham may have been forgiven for thinking they were extras to the David Moyes show in their last outing, as the Hammers lost 2-0 to Everton in Moyes’ last home game in charge of the Toffees. However, Kevin Nolan twice went close to raining on the soon to be Manchester United manager’s parade.
– Andy Carroll has been a handful for defences all season, and the game against Everton was no different. He won 8 duels, more than any other player on the pitch.
– That aerial prowess combined with Matt Jarvis’ frequent deliveries (he contributed six crosses against Everton, the most of last weekend in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index) suggests that if both stay at Upton Park next season, and stay fit, then Hammers fans can expect that partnership to start delivering more goals next season.
– At the other end of the pitch, James Collins made six clearances in the game, the most by any player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index this weekend.
– Reading were on the receiving end of Man City’s FA Cup final payback on Tuesday night, losing to them 2-0. Reading won just 37% of duels in the game, their lowest of the season so far, as City took out their frustration on the Royals.
– Alex McCarthy’s palms will also be stinging from City’s strikers taking their revenge on the Reading goal mouth. He made 13 saves in the game, the joint highest in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for the last round of games and the third highest of the season.
– Adrian Mariappa, meanwhile, made four blocks, the most by a player in the last round of games. Mariappa sits second in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for interceptions this season, having disrupted opposition play with 221 interceptions this season.
– Mikele Leigertwood, meanwhile, is the second highest ranked midfielder for defensive contributions this season having made 242 across tackles won, blocks, clearances and interceptions.
– Adam le Fondre hit an excellent run of goal scoring form early in the season but has had fewer opportunities as the season has gone on. However, he looks likely to end the season with some of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index’s most impressive goal scoring stats. Of the 25 players who have scored ten or more goals this season Le Fondre has taken the fewest efforts at goal (45) to do so.