Hull vs Cardiff, 15:00
– The season may only be three weeks old, but this clash could already be considered a real ‘six pointer’. Hull’s chances may depend heavily on Ahmed Elmohamady who has completed more passes in the opposition half (86) than any other Hull player.
– Likewise, Sone Aluko will be expected to carry much of the attacking burden for Hull. He completed 4 dribbles against Manchester City, more than any other striker in the Premier League according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– Looking at the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index it is unsurprising to see why Steve Bruce was so desperate to add a striker to his squad over the Summer. Between them, Hull’s strikers have only mustered 4 shots at goal so far this season.
– Defensively, Hull appear to rely heavily on Maynor Figueroa. The Honduran has made 10 tackles this season, more than any other Hull player.
– Cardiff continued their solid start to the season with a nil-nil draw at home to Everton. Matthew Connelly can take much of the credit for this rearguard effort making a total of 18 defensive contributions (tackles, interceptions, headers and clearances).
– Cardiff City captain Craig Bellamy is mostly known for his pace, and his ability to hit the back of the net. Interestingly, however, the skipper has been putting in a big defensive shift this season. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index shows that Bellamy has attempted 12 tackles so far this season – more than any other striker.
– Bellamy also demonstrated his creativity last weekend, as his 19 passes in the Everton half was more than any of his team mates.
– Cardiff City have made a host of big name seasons so far this season, but it is one of the stalwarts from their Championship-winning side who has caught the eye this season. Kim Bo-Kyung has been showcasing his guile and flair, completing 9 dribbles – the most of any Cardiff player.
– Peter Whittingham may have failed to register his name on the scoresheet so far this season, but that can’t be down to lack of effort. The midfielder has taken 6 shots so far this season according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index – more than any other player.