Man City v Sunderland 12:45
– Man City were forced to win ugly against Fulham last weekend as they travelled back north with all three points after a 1-2 win. Goals for Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko secured the victory for Robert Mancini’s men, who would have been incensed had a controversial penalty decision for Fulham in the first half cost his side the match.
– Javi Garcia may appear to have been slightly struggling to adapt to the pace of the Premier League, but it certainly is not through a lack of effort. He covered more ground than any of his teammates against Fulham, clocking up 5.58 miles.
– Whilst Man City have been lacking some of the effortlessness in front of goal that helped win them they league last year, its certainly not for a want of trying on Carlos Tevez’s part. He sits third in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for shots on target with 15.
– Midfield maestro David Silva was Man City’s quickest player against the Cottagers, the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index having recorded him at 19.89mph.
– Yaya Toure still sits atop the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for successful passes in the opponent’s half with a massive 288 completed.
– Sunderland achieved their first win of the season at home to Wigan last weekend, as they ran out 1-0 winners thanks to yet another Steven Fletcher goal.
– Hard working defender Jack Colback will have again impressed Martin O’Neill with his determination against Wigan. He racked up 6.33 miles according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– Sunderland fans may dread to think where they would be sitting had Steven Fletcher not arrived at the Stadium of Light. His remarkable strike rate now stands at 5 goals from all 5 of his attempts on target this season.
– Defender Titus Bramble showed he still has lots to offer Sunderland at the weekend as the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index recorded his as their fastest player against Wigan at 22.07mph.
– The 62.6 miles covered by Sunderland against Wigan is their second highest team total of the season, just behind their 63.09 mile performance against Swansea.