Manchester United vs West Brom 15:00
– Manchester United were left stunned after a 4-1 defeat in the Manchester Derby at the Etihad, a sole Wayne Rooney freekick the one bright spot on a difficult outing for David Moyes’ men.
– As usual Michael Carrick has been quietly, yet effectively, going about his work this season. It is his footballing intelligence that tends to set him apart from the pack though, his positional awareness and reading of the game always seeming to place him in the right spot. As it stands he’s made the most interceptions of any player in the league with 26.
– When Robin van Persie does eventually make his return from injury, David Moyes will be hoping he’s able to rediscover some of his deadliest form in front of goal. According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, Van Persie has currently had the most off-target attempts on goal of any player in the league with 10.
– Utd fans will obviously be hoping Nemanja Vidic can stay fit for as long as possible this season, given the captain’s imposing presence at the back. His commitment to the Utd cause has been visible for all to see so far this term, with no player in the league making more clearances that the Utd skipper with 58.
– West Brom stormed to a 3-0 home win over Sunderland last weekend, with Stephane Sessegnon opening the scoring against his former club.
– James Morrison has so far been West Brom’s most potent attacker this season, with a squad-leading 12 attacking contributions (shot on goal, cross, assist, dribble) to his name according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– Claudio Yacob has been turning in some sterling efforts at the back for West Brom so far this season, top their charts for most attempted tackles with 23. He also has the best tackle success rate of any of his colleagues who has made more than 21 challenges, with 73.9%.
– Jonas Olsson continues to be a rock at the back for Steve Clarke’s side this season and the big Swede has some impressive stats to show for it. He currently sits second on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for total defensive contributions with a sterling 54. Only Manchester United skipper can boast more with 58.