West Brom v Chelsea 15:00
– James Morrison scored from a Chris Brunt free kick before Billy Jones forced an own goal from Gary Caldwell as high flying West Brom beat Wigan 2-1 in their last game.
– James Morrison has been in exceptional form this season and is now ranked 18th overall in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, an incredible performance from a player who ended last season ranked 176th
– Morrison has three goals and three assists to his name this season, contributing to a goal once every 146 minutes for the Baggies. Morrison’s goals have come from 16 efforts at goal with exactly half on target.
– Morrison’s 183 passes completed in his opponent’s half, meanwhile, puts him ahead of Premier League superstars such as Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye (179), today’s opponents Chelsea’s Ramires (153) and Spurs’ Gareth Bale (177).
– Romelu Lukaku has looked in exceptional form since joining West Brom from today’s opponents Chelsea. The Belgian international has had an incredible 19 of his 21 efforts at goal on target, an on target percentage of 90% and the highest in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index (excluding players who have had fewer than ten efforts at goal).
– Chelsea’s form, conversely, has hit a blip which has seen them drop from first to third in the Premier League table.
– John Terry seemed to have made a dream return from suspension by heading the Blues ahead, but was later taken off with a knee injury.
– Terry’s goal was his first in the Premier League this season having previously had just one effort on target and two off target. Those stats are surprising considering last season Terry scored six goals from 25 efforts at goal, the most of any Premier League defender.
– The stats show that Terry is leaving attacking adventures to fellow defenders David Luiz, Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic, as Terry’s defensive stats for this season remain exceptional. Terry has made 16 clearances, 10 interceptions and 2 blocks.
– Oscar wasted a clear chance to win the game for Chelsea, meaning the Brazilian spends another week labelled as the player to have had the most shots on target without scoring (12).