Newcastle v Norwich 15:00
– A dramatic late goal from Demba Ba saved a point for Newcastle against an unfortunate Everton on Monday evening. Ba’s earlier goal, supplied by Yohan Cabaye, gave Alan Pardew’s side a needed point in a thrilling encounter.
– French midfielder Cabaye epitomised Newcastle’s refusal to give up on victory against Everton. He ran for 6.35 miles, second only to Everton’s Leon Osman.
– Davide Santon again proved his value to Alan Pardew down the flank as he was once again Newcastle’s fastest player against Everton. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index clocked him at 21.15mph.
– Nullifying the delivery of Hatem Ben Arfa will be crucial to Norwich’s chances of success this weekend. The talented Frenchman has whipped in 11 crosses so far this season.
– Papiss Cisse is renowned for his prowess in front of goal. However the Senegalese striker might need to tighten up on his defensive capabilities to avoid costing his side in the future. He’s committed more fouls than any other Newcastle player this season with 7.
– Despite only playing for 198 minutes so far this season, Fabricio Coloccini has still managed to be successful with 12 tackles, a solid return for his limited 198 minutes of playing time so far this season.
– Norwich remained winless so far this season following their 0-0 stalemate at home to West Ham. John Ruddy impressed between the sticks as he repeatedly kept the Canaries in the game, with young loanee Harry Kane and Robert Snodgrass also turning in decent shifts.
– Midfielder Robert Snodgrass was yet again the hardest working player at Chris Hughton’s disposal against West Ham. The Scot racked up 6.86 miles of ground covered against the Hammers.
– Snodgrass also complemented this stamina with speed against West Ham where he was also Norwich’s fastest player, having been recorded by the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index running at 23.05mph, which was the 7th fastest speed recorded so far this season
– Bradley Johnson has turned in some solid performances so far this season but he will likely be looking to stay away from the attention of the officials against Newcastle. He’s already amassed 12 fouls this campaign.