QPR v West Ham
– A first half goal from Bobby Zamora was not enough to let QPR take anything away from their eventual 2-1 defeat to Tottenham. Despite the efforts of Mark Hughes’ men, QPR remain fixed second from bottom.
– Ji-Sung Park has continued to successfully integrate himself into the QPR midfield. He’s completed more passes than any other R’s player, 123, according to the EA Sports Player Performance Index.
– Adel Taarabt has been trying to contribute with goals from midfield for QPR this season. All 7 of his shots on goal this season have been on target.
– Nedum Onuoha has been turning in some very solid performances for QPR in recent weeks. His 11 interceptions, 92% challenge success rate and 1 foul mark him out as a key man at the back for Mark Hughes’ side.
– A dramatic equaliser from Kevin Nolan rescued a point for West Ham against Sunderland last weekend. It was a fitting goal from the man who had repeatedly tested the Black Cats’ resolve, and just reward for the pressure and dominance exerted by Sam Allardyce’s men.
– West Ham’s Mark Noble is second in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for total distance covered so far this season, covering 33.93 miles for West Ham.
– Noble’s contribution has gone a long way to West Ham being the third highest team overall for distance covered as a squad, with 306.64 miles covered so far.
– Noble is supported by team mate Kevin Nolan who is 7th for overall distance covered with 30.53 miles.
– James Collin’s continues to be integral to the functioning of West Ham’s defence. He’s made 28 interceptions this season, double that of his nearest team mate in the Hammers’ squad.
– Noble has also won more tackles than any other player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index with 19 so far. Noble attempted ten in the Sunderland game alone, a high for the last round of games.
– Noble and Nolan will come up against another typically hard working midfielder in QPR midfielder Ji-Sung Park who has covered 30.11 miles so far this season, enough for 10th place in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.