Swansea v QPR 15:00
– Swansea fell to a 1-0 defeat against West Ham in their last Premier League outing, despite a string of fine saves from reserve ‘keeper Gerhard Tremmel who was once again called upon to cover for the injured Michel Vorm.
– Tremmel has now made 73 saves this season, one every 14 minutes 57 seconds and the fifth highest overall in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– Swansea have been applauded for their attacking play this season, but full back Ben Davies has been quietly impressive in defence, and is one of only five players in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index to have attempted fifty or more tackles while maintaining a success rate above 75%. He’s attempted 54 tackles, winning 75.9%.
– Angel Rangel, meanwhile, has been unlucky with his deliveries this season. Rangel has delivered 33 crosses without being credited an assist, more than any other player.
– Sung Yeung Ki has a minutes per pass completed rating amongst the very best in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. He averages a completed pass in the opposition half every 3 minutes 12 seconds, a rate on a par with the likes of Steven Gerrard and Eden Hazard.
– QPR got their second 0-0 draw in a row against Norwich in their last game, although they will perhaps be less pleased with this result than the previous game against Manchester City.
– Adel Taarabt saw his penalty saved in that game and came close with several other efforts. Taarabt has had 73 shots at goal this season, with 58.9% of those on target and 4 goals to his name at a rate of 18.25 shots per goal.
– Taarabt is ranked second in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for dribbles completed with 37, 4 behind Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
– New signing Christopher Samba also saw an effort cleared off the line to come close to a dream debut. Samba got forward a lot from the back, completing 11 passes in the opposition half during the game.
– Goalkeeper Julio Cesar made his 100th save of the season against Norwich, taking his tally to 101 saves at a rate of one every 15 minutes 46 seconds.