Liverpool Plotting £9.7m Move For German World Cup Winner

With the recent happenings at Liverpool, fans of the club seem to be made alive with speculations linking German goalkeeper, Marc-Andre terStegen to Anfield.

While the speculations might be considered ‘too ambitious’, the German goalkeeper who recently moved from Borussia Monchengladbach to Barcelona last summer had been a target for Arsenal and Manchester United before choosing the Catalan club over the Premier League duo.

The 22-year-old goalkeeper joined the Spanish side with the optimism of becoming the first choice goalkeeper for the club but has struggled after Barcelona boss, Luis Enrique favoured summer signing Claudio Bravo to stay in between the pole for the Spanish side.

Having struggled for a place in the first team, reports in Spain suggest Liverpool are at an advantage of signing the young shot stopper from Barcelona.

Brendan Rodgers may luckily land the out of favour goalkeeper from Barcelona so as to replace unconvincing Simon Mignolet, whose form between the poles have raised concerns for the club’s faithfuls.

The highly rated 22 year old moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Monchengladbach in the summer for a fee in the region £9.7m, but is yet to make a league appearance for the Catalan club with manager Luis Enrique opting for Claudio Bravo as his first choice.

While this may come to as a pleasant news to fans of Liverpool, Barcelona may be unwilling to listen to any negotiations for the 22-year-old as they have been banned from signing any player until 2016.

With the ban on Barcelona, Liverpool may be asked to look elsewhere for a replacement for their shaky goalkeeper.
terStegen who spoke with journalists on Thursday registered his frustration for lack of first team opportunities. He said:

“It’s good to be at Barca but the situation is difficult. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t care and it isn’t easy being a spectator,” said the German international.

“I want to be the No. 1 and I’m convinced that’s something that will happen if I continue to improve and work hard.

“I can only try to prove that I am the best [of the two goalkeepers] and that’s why I came here, so it’s something I will fight for.”

Marc-Andre terStergen moved from Borussia Monchengladbach in the summer after a sensational season with the German side but has not been able to replicate his performance at the Nou Camp as he has been denied the opportunity.