Breaking News – Chelsea Target Signs, £11m Deal Done, Medical Tomorrow

Fulham prodigy Patrick Roberts is poised to complete a move to Manchester City following the successful completion of his medical examinations. Boss Kit Symons confirmed yesterday Simons has handed in a transfer request and is in “serious talks” with Man City, as per Sky Sports.

Symons had hoped the 18-year old would continue his education at Craven Cottage, but now he has confirmed a transfer was imminent after the London club’s 3-1 pre-season friendly win over Crawley town on Saturday.

Roberts who have one year remaining on his contract before handing in the transfer request will reportedly sign a deal worth £11 million. According to Sunday Express, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have also been linked to the England youngster.

The same report has it that Roberts was pictured arriving at Wilmslow hospital, where Fabian Delph and Raheem Sterling completed medicals before completing their own moves.

This news will surely hit  all other interested sides –  especially Chelsea –  like a storm, with the Premier League champions looking to add more homegrown (English) players to their squad. Although, Roberts played 22 times for Fulham, his outstanding creativity and astuteness made him a hot property in England.

The Blues have only one England international (Gary Cahill) in their team, and would have love to add the exciting Julian Roberts, but City proved to be the quickest of the other interested teams. Chelsea are, however, in the chase for another Englishman, John Stones, and have had a bid of £20 million reportedly rejected by Everton.

Goal reported yesterday that the Toffees’ boss, Roberto Martinez hit out at Chelsea “openly” pursuing the 21-year old Stones – who has been promised the No.6 jersey if he moves to Stamford Bridge – earlier on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Blues boss Jose Mourinho is still insisting that Chelsea will up the bid for Stones, and will continue to chase him unless told he is not for sale.

He told reporters:”We made a bid, we can make it – it’s an open market until September 1. At the moment they say we don’t accept this bid – they don’t say: We don’t accept bids; any bids’.

“If one day Roberto Martinez or the chairman come and say he is not for sale, we don’t accept any bid, then it’s game over”, Mourinho added.

The Portuguese manager went ahead to say John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic are above 30 years, hence he needs to build for the future.