West Ham v West Brom 15:00
– West Ham are six points clear of the relegation zone after suffering a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Chelsea in their last game.
– West Ham captain Kevin Nolan has led by example throughout the season, scoring six goals and boasting the best shots on target percentage of any player taking 50 shots or more in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index this season. Nolan got 70.4%, or 38 out of 54, shots on target.
– All being well, Jussi Jaaskelainen will make his 150th save of the season against West Brom. Jaaskelainen is one of 25 players in the Premier League aged 35 or over, and has played the most minutes of these players with 2814 minutes on the pitch this season. Jaaskelainen was the seconds busiest goalkeeper in the last round of Premier League games, making 12 saves against Chelsea.
– Mohamed Diame was a transfer target in January and showed again against Chelsea why he is so highly rated. Diame won 6 tackles in that game, the joint highest of any player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index along with team mate Gary O’Neil.
– Meanwhile Matt Jarvis delivered 6 crosses in the game against Chelsea, a total only bettered in the last round of games by Matt Etherington who delivered 8.
– West Brom also failed to score in their last game, a 0-0 draw against Stoke, so both teams will be looking to rectify that in this game.
– Despite drawing a blank in that game, Romelu Lukaku maintains the second best minutes per goal rating in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index with one every 118 minutes 28 seconds.
– Only three other outfielders have played more minutes than West Brom’s Gareth McAuley this season. McAuley has played 2803, with only Matt Lowton, Steven Gerrard and Davide Santon putting in more minutes on the pitch.
– McAuley has enjoyed an impressive season, and in the game against Stoke he made his 150th interception of the campaign, one of just 11 players in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index to have hit the milestone.
– Graham Dorrans will be hoping to break his Premier League duck in the remaining eight games of the season. He is currently joint third in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for having the most shots at goal without scoring, having had 23 efforts including 14 on target without a goal.